- 4 Tbs. flax seed meal with 6 Tbs. warm water
- 1 pack Beyond Chicken Lightly Seasoned Strips
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, Old-Fashioned variety (not instant; gluten free option available)
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 Tbs. ground fennel seed
- pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup apple pieces, finely minced
- neutral oil to fry, such as canola or grapeseed
- salt, to taste
- 8 English muffins,
- vegan cheddar slices and red bell pepper slices, to serve
- Combine flax seed meal with warm water, mixing well. Set aside to gel, this will be your binder for the sausages.
- In a food processor or powerful blender, combine Beyond Chicken, oatmeal, nutmeg, paprika, poultry seasoning, fennel seed, black pepper, and maple syrup. Process until chunky and stuck in a ball.
- Place minced apple pieces and flax seed combination into a bowl and stir in Beyond Chicken mixture by hand hand.
- Form into eight thin patties and allow to rest for a few minutes, so the flax meal binds.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pan over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place several sausage patties into warm oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Salt while still warm, to taste.
- Serve on toasted English muffins with red pepper slices and vegan cheddar, or as desired.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
To receive exclusive coupons, availability updates of our sizzling Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage, and other news you can use, sign up below!