After successful launches on the East and West coast, we are so excited to finally introduce Beyond Sausage in the sausage capital of the U.S., Chicago!
Beginning today, The Moonlighter bar and restaurant will be the first restaurant in Chicago to serve Beyond Sausage and offer it alongside other meat-centric options on their menu. Created by Executive Chef Mickey Neely, the three mouthwatering builds include:
- The Hot Italian, topped with peppers, onions and hot mustard
- The Sweet Italian, with sweet caponata relish and Italian parsley
- The Bratwurst, served with sauerkraut, caramelized onions and parsley
"Given how great Beyond Meat products taste and the overwhelming positive feedback we've gotten from The Beyond Burger, adding Beyond Sausage was a no brainer. As the sausage capital of the U.S., we're excited to put our own unique twist on the sausage," said Mickey Neely, Executive Chef at The Moonlighter.
For those in the know, The Moonlighter will offer a secret off menu Chicago Dog build in honor of the city's long-standing sausage heritage. The iconic build includes our bratwurst served as a classic CHICAGO DOG with yellow mustard, relish, raw onion, sport peppers, tomato, cucumber, and a pickle slice.
If you're in Chicago, stop by @moonlighterchi and share your #beyondsausage pic with us on social media for a chance to be featured! You can also find Beyond Sausage on the menu at select restaurants, including:
- Schaller's Stube (NYC)
- Bareburger at Yankee's Stadium, Section 132 (NYC)
- Veggie Grill (Los Angeles – El Segundo & Hollywood)
- Wurstkuche (Los Angeles— Downtown LA & Venice)
- Rosamunde (San Francisco— The Mission, Haight & Oakland)