Recipe The Best Vegan Buffalo Burger with Blue Cheese Dressing
October 3, 2017
For even the most culinary of vegan food connoisseurs, burger build inspiration can run dry. Luckily, the ability to put plant-based spins on mouthwatering classics is easier than ever before! Even the iconic buffalo and blue cheese combo can be transformed into a delicious vegan rendition that rivals the classic. Don’t believe it’s possible? Try it out and see for yourself.
Thanks to the recipe by American Lifestyle Magazine, we wanted to share step-by-step just how to make this decadent yet guilt-free burger creation.
–Blue cheese sauce:
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup of Veganaise
- ½ teaspoon tahini
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- 7 ounces (or half a block) of firm tofu
- ⅔ cup of hot sauce
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Beyond™ Burger patty, thawed
Let’s Get Started!
1. Mix together the blue cheese sauce ingredients (without adding the tofu yet). Combine until they are smooth. For the lemon juice, garlic powder, and apple cider vinegar, add just a dash or personalize with more or less of each flavor as you prefer.
2. Crumble the tofu and add it to the dressing mixture, stirring them together. Cover this and refrigerate for about an hour.
3. In a new bowl, mix together the olive oil with the hot sauce.
4. Grab your Beyond Burger patty and dip into the mixture. Be sure to coat it well for maximum flavor! Grill the patty on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Take your finished patty off the grill and set on your favorite bun to pair with these flavors. Add extra buffalo sauce and top with your delicious blue cheese. Feel free to garnish with additional toppings that you prefer!
If you try this out for yourself, be sure to let us know how it is!
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
To receive exclusive Beyond Meat offers, updates and more.