Subway® and Beyond Meat® Team Up to Create a Plant-Based Sub
August 7, 2019
There's a new way to Eat What You Love™ at @SUBWAY. Say hello to the Beyond Meatball™ Marinara.
We couldn’t be more excited to unveil our new culinary innovation partnership with America’s largest restaurant chain, Subway. In an effort to continue offering their guests more best-in-class food experiences, Subway will be serving up the Beyond Meatball™ Marinara sub to hungry guests at 635 participating restaurants in the U.S. as of September 5th.
The Beyond Meatball™ Marinara takes inspiration from Subway’s classic sandwich with a plant-based twist. The sub features irresistible marinara sauce, Provolone cheese and is sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan cheese on perfectly toasted bread. The twist: It features the first-ever Beyond Meatball created just for Subway. The sub offers the same mouthwatering flavor as Subway’s traditional meatball sub and is packed with protein – 24 grams per six-inch sub. WIN. WIN.
“Subway appeals to so many fans because we truly offer something for everyone. Our guests want to feel good about what they eat and they also want to indulge in new flavors. With our new plant-based Beyond Meatball™ Marinara sub, we are giving them the best of both worlds. And, we are particularly excited about debuting a co-developed product that can’t be found anywhere else: the Beyond Meatball™ made just for Subway,” says Len Van Popering, Subway’s Chief Brand and Innovation Officer.
We're excited to partner with Subway and are grateful that the menu team through to senior management has entrusted us as their innovation partner to deliver delicious plant-based proteins to their guests. #GoBeyond
Beyond Meatball™ FAQs:
- Which locations offer the Beyond Meatball™? On September 5th, the Beyond Meatball Marinara sub will be available for a limited time only in more than 600 select locations in the U.S. Participating restaurant locations include Jackson, Mississippi, South Bend-Elkhart, Indiana; Fresno-Visalia, California; Louisville, Kentucky; and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The Beyond Meatball™ Marinara sub will make its way to select Canada locations on September 20th.
- What is it made of? The Beyond Meatball™ is a co-developed product, integrating our plant-based protein blend made from peas, brown rice and mung beans and Subway’s proprietary breadcrumb mixture.
- Is it gluten free? While our plant-based protein blend is soy free, the Beyond Meatball™ includes Subway’s proprietary breadcrumb mixture that contains wheat.
- Does it contain soy? While soy is not a primary protein source, The Beyond Meatball™ is made with Subway’s proprietary breadcrumb mixture that contains soybean oil.
- Can I make the Beyond Meatball™ Marinara Sub Vegan? Without cheese, the Beyond Meatball™ Marinara Sub when served on their standard Italian or 9-grain wheat bread does not contain any animal derived ingredients. However, when the Beyond Meatball™ is prepared in Subway restaurants it may come into contact with animal derived products.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
To receive exclusive Beyond Meat offers, updates and more.