- 8 ounces vegan mayo
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- A couple pinches sea salt, or to taste
- 2 packages of Beyond Burgers
- 1 7-ounce can roasted whole green chilies, drained*
- 1 4-ounce can diced roasted whole green chilies*
- 1 package shredded vegan cheddar
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and thinly sliced, optional
- 4 hamburger buns (gluten-free if necessary)
- Optional toppings: Sliced tomato, red onion, and additional cheddar cheese if desired
- Chipotle Sauce: In a blender jar, combine the mayo, chipotle peppers, nutritional yeast flakes, smoked paprika, garlic and a couple pinches of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of diced chilies, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar and a little sliced jalapeno if using.
- Burgers: Divide each burger in half and pat into a flat round. Place 1 tablespoon of chili cheese mixture in center and top with the other flattened burger half. Gently pinch edges together and shape back into a patty. Repeat with remaining burgers.
- Cook burgers on a hot barbecue or preheated, lightly greased cast iron skillet (over medium high heat. You’ll want to cook the burgers for 3 minutes per side. Place each burger on a bottom bun and top with a roasted chile, chipotle sauce, a slice of tomato, red onion, and the top half of the bun. Repeat with remaining burgers and serve right away.
*Alternately you can get a larger can roasted chilies and dice two of them in place of the diced chilies.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
To receive exclusive coupons, availability updates of our sizzling Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage, and other news you can use, sign up below!