IngredientsSpicy Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges:
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pinches of chili powder
- Pinches of smoked paprika
- Pinches of cayenne pepper, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime, more if desired
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro, including stems
- ½ to 1 jalapeño, diced
- Pinch of cumin
- Sea salt (I prefer coarse sea salt for guacamole)
For the Burgers:
- 4 to 6 Beyond Burgers
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced tomato
- Butter lettuce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and parboil the sweet potatoes until they’re barely fork tender. Remove from the water. When cool to the touch, slice into wedges.
- Make the guacamole: In a medium bowl, combine the avocados, lime juice, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, cumin, and pinches of sea salt. Mash until combined. Season to taste.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Drizzle the sweet potatoes with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Place on the hot grill and grill 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until well charred. Grill the Beyond Burgers according to the package directions, about 3 minutes per side.
- After removing the sweet potatoes from the grill, sprinkle with the chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and more salt to taste.
- Serve the Beyond Burgers with the guacamole, desired fixings, and sweet potato wedges.
Note: To bake the sweet potato wedges in the oven: Skip the parboiling process. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake 35 minutes or until browned around the edges. Sprinkle with the spices and season to taste.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
To receive exclusive coupons, availability updates of our sizzling Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage, and other news you can use, sign up below!