It’s official, Canada has become the first country outside of the U.S. to offer Beyond Beef!
This summer we successfully launched the Beyond Burger in retail stores across Canada and in less than six months distribution has grown to more than 4,000 stores. Now, we’re offering even more options at the fresh meat counter – Beyond Beef!
Canadians will now be able to bring the benefits of our plant-based ground straight to their plate. Compared to regular ground beef, Beyond Beef offers:
- A complete source of protein with 18g per 100g serving
- More iron
- 35% less saturated fat
- Less total fat
- No cholesterol, antibiotics or hormones
“We are excited to bring our latest product innovation to Canadians, welcoming a growing number of consumers to the delicious taste and nutritional and environmental benefits of our plant-based proteins,” said Ethan Brown, Beyond Meat Founder and CEO.
Beyond Beef encompasses the versatility to elevate every meal with plant-based goodness. It’s a blank slate for any recipe, ready to season and spice to perfection making it ideal for homemade meals like tacos, meatballs, chili, pasta and more. The options are endless with Beyond Beef.
Visit the fresh meat counter at your local grocery store and try out one of our favorite recipes like our Beyond Beef Stuffed Mushrooms:
BEYOND BEEF STUFFED MUSHROOMS
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
- 12 oz (1 package) Beyond Beef
- 1 1/2 lbs/5 cups/1,150 g baby mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegan Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup/4 oz (120 mL) vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) freshly chopped thyme
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray, for pan
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F (305°C)
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and roughly chop stems. Place mushroom caps on the baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add Beyond Beef® and cook until it turns slightly browned. Once browned add chopped mushrooms stems and cook until most of the moisture is out, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs and let them toast slightly, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix together Beyond Beef mushroom stem mixture, Parmesan, cream cheese, parsley, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Fill mushroom caps with filling and sprinkle with more Parmesan.
- Bake until mushrooms are soft and the tops are golden, roughly 20 minutes.
You can also find some of our other favourite recipes here. Happy Cooking! #GoBeyond