Beyond Meat EU Privacy Notice
Last updated: 31-05-2022
Beyond Meat EU B.V. (“Beyond Meat,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) is the controller of the information that we collect and use about you (“personal data”) through the website [please insert], including purchases made or contacts established through the Website (collectively, our “Website”). We are responsible for complying with data protection laws in relation to this personal data, and are committed to protecting your privacy.
We operate some of the services we offer on our Website together with our business partners. For example, for sweepstakes organized by Beyond Meat EU B.V. and Weber -Stephen Deutschland GMBH, we and Weber are joint controllers of the personal data we process to operate these sweepstakes. In essence, the arrangement Weber and we have entered into requires us both to: (1) provide you information about how we process your personal data; (2) respond to requests you submit to us about your data protection rights; and (3) notify you in case of a personal data breach. You can contact either one of us for more information on the arrangement.
This Privacy Notice explains how Beyond Meat collects, uses, and shares your personal data, and explains how you can exercise your rights.
Table of Contents
1......... What personal data do we collect, how do we use it, for what purposes, and what is our legal basis for doing so?. 1
2......... With whom do we share your personal data?. 4
3......... What transfer mechanisms we put in place to protect your personal data?. 4
4......... What are your data protection rights?. 5
5......... How long we store your personal data?. 5
6......... What are the links to other websites and services?. 5
7......... How to contact us and make complaints?. 5
8......... What happens if we change our Privacy Notice?. 6
1. What personal data do we collect, how do we use it, for what purposes, and what is our legal basis for doing so?
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to be able to operate the Website and the functionalities you request, our Automated Collection Tools collect your browser type and version, the operating system you use, the URL of the website you visited before visiting the Website, the host name of accessing computer, the time of your visit and your IP address, the consent you gave to the cookie banner, the products you choose to add to your shopping card (if applicable); where you access the Website through a mobile device, information about that device, including device identifiers such as the Apple Ad ID and Google IDFA, the operating system used and the device model;
- to operate the sweepstakes, [contests, and other promotions] in which you participate, we collect your contact details (such as your name, email address, and postal address), as well as proof of purchase;
- to sign you up to our mailing list, we collect your email address; and
- to be able to assess and respond to your request, we collect the personal data you provide when you respond to a survey, fill out a form, apply for a job with us, or otherwise communicate with us.
In addition, in exchange for participating in sweepstakes advertised on our Website, you provide us your name and email address which we may use (together with your purchase history) to send you (direct) marketing communications.
- Pursuing our and third party legitimate interests: We use the personal data you provide to us and the personal data we automatically collect to operate and protect our business, improve our Website and products, and to increase our customer base. In particular:
- to improve our Website, products, and services, we use information about the pages you visit, how long you stay on those pages, the links you click on, and information about any choices you make on the Website (“log data”), as well as information about your purchases and interactions with customer service; we aggregate your log data and combine it with data collected from other users to understand if there are any pages that users struggle to navigate, or to understand if any pages on the Website are not functioning correctly, so that we can fix any issues;
- to send you (direct) marketing communications, we process your email address and also your purchasing history, although, where required by law, we will obtain your prior consent (see below); you can opt out of marketing emails at any time, for example by using the “unsubscribe” option in each message you receive; we may also use information about how you use our Website to show you advertisement, as further explained below;
- to conclude corporate transactions (g., corporate restructuring, sale or assignment of assets, merger); and
- to market our products as further described below.
You may object to our use of your personal data for these purposes in accordance with section 4 below.
- Complying with applicable legal or regulatory obligations. We use the personal data you provide to us and the personal data we automatically collect to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including for judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority. In particular, we use transaction information to comply with tax and accounting rules, to conduct audits, and to manage stock levels.
- As required by law, we will obtain your consent so that:
- we and third parties may use your personal data to show you targeted advertising that is relevant to your interests on our Website or third party websites. Find more information about advertising and tracking tools, including how to disable them, in the Cookie Notice.
We use the personal data you have provided and the personal data we collect automatically to display personalized content, including advertising, on our Website and on third-party websites. We permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect information about your use of our Websites over time so that they can recognize you and display ads on our Websites and on third-party services that are relevant to your interests. These third-party providers typically collect information about you through cookies or similar tracking technologies. In particular, we use some features of Google Analytics (which relies on cookies) to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Website.
As part of displaying advertising on our Website and third-party sites, we use some information you provide or that we collect automatically such as an email address or user ID that we generate with third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third party partners use this information to identify you in their own systems, and to display ads to you on the basis of the fact you have visited our Website, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We work with third-party partners to recognize and contact you across multiple devices. This involves collecting data from multiple devices and linking them using certain types of technologies, for example cookies or statistical modelling tools.
You can exercise your rights, including your rights to withdraw your consent to cookies, as described in section 4 below.
2. With whom do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data with various third parties, including vendors that provide services to us, companies in our corporate group, government authorities or others where we are required to provide information by law, possible purchasers in the context of merger discussions, and where you ask us to. We also share information with third parties in an aggregated form that does not enable anyone to identify you.
We share your personal data with:
- Third parties at your request. Our Website gives you the option to share your activities on the Website with your friends through email or on various social media sites. In addition, we offer and operate some of the sweepstakes that we advertise on our Website together with our business partners;
- Third-party service providers. We use service providers for the purposes mentioned in section 1 above, including providers that help us display targeted advertisements, provide mailing services, provide tax and accounting services, web hosting, and analytics services. We strictly limit the personal data that these service providers have access to and, where required by law, we impose strict contractual obligations on them to prevent them processing personal data for additional purposes;
- Other companies and brands owned or controlled by Beyond Meat and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Beyond Meat. This includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries that holding company owns. These companies will use your personal data in the same ways described in this Privacy Notice;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction. If we enter into talks about a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, we share personal data with them that is relevant to that transaction. We do the same in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
3. What transfer mechanisms we put in place to protect your personal data?
We transfer personal data to the United States and other countries in which Beyond Meat, its affiliates, service providers, business partners, and others mentioned above have facilities.
When we transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area, it is possible that the laws of those countries will provide a lower level of protection for personal data than the country where you live. We nonetheless take steps to ensure appropriate safeguards for that personal data. In particular, where the European Commission has not determined that a country provides an adequate level of protection for personal data, we enter into contracts approved by the European Commission (known as the “Standard Contractual Clauses”). If you wish to enquire further about these transfers or to see a copy of the transfer mechanisms we use, please contact us using the details set out in section 7 below.
4. What are your data protection rights?
You have control over your personal data. You have the right to access a copy of, correct, or delete your personal data in certain circumstances. You also have the right to “port” certain data by asking us to transfer it to another company, or restrict our processing in some circumstances.
You can object to our use of personal data where we rely on the legitimate interests legal basis, and can withdraw any consent you have given at any time. However, your withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Controlling your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Website, technical and security notices).
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. In the UK, this is the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, whose website is available at https://ico.org.uk/ OR Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
5. How long we store your personal data?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we collect it (see section 1 above). For example, we keep your account information for as long as you have an account with us. We also retain your personal data for a period after you close your account, for example to meet our legal and accounting obligations, and to enable us to audit our business. We also retain information for longer if we have anonymized and/or aggregated it.
6. What are the links to other websites and services?
The Website may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they process your personal data. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party sites.
7. How to contact us and make complaints?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the Website, please contact us at [email protected] or at Beyond Meat EU B.V., Schiphol Boulevard 359, 1118 BJ, Schipol, Netherlands.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data, please contact us using these contact details.
8. What happens if we change our Privacy Notice?
Beyond Meat reserves the right to make changes in this Privacy Notice. If we change how we collect, use, or share your personal data we will update this Privacy Notice and include the date of the latest revisions to the Privacy Notice at the top of this page.
En ontvang exclusieve aanbiedingen, updates en veel meer.
Als je op 'Inschrijven' klikt, stem je ermee in dat Beyond Meat je e-mailadres en postcode gebruikt om je e-mails te sturen over producten, recepten en meer. Je kunt je op elk moment afmelden.